Remember that scene in 127 Hours when Aron Ralston is filming himself prior to what you know will be that inevitable, gruesome, peak of the movie? Are you clenching your teeth, just thinking about it? New research shows that clenching your teeth creates a neuro-physiological response resulting in an increase in adrenaline and cortisol production and an increased blood pressure and heart rate.
While an escalated blood pressure, heart rate and in increase of adrenaline are beneficial to an athlete, cortisol is not. Studies have found that large amounts of cortisol cause the body to “enter a constant state of muscle breakdown and suppressed immune function, thereby increasing the risk of illness and injury while at the same time reducing muscle.” Furthermore, just like when you instinctively clench your jaw in a scary movie, when you compete or train, that same clenching restricts your airway and releases cortisol. This results in stress and fatigue.
This is where Under Armour comes in.
Introducing a revolutionary, entirely new category of sports equipment that makes you stronger, faster and better. When you wear the ArmourBite™ mouthpiece, the patented power wedges open your airway and combat the effects of clenching, while maintaining an optimal space between your teeth.
The results are game changing:
- you react up to 12% faster!
- you increase strength by an average of 17% with the UA Performance Mouthpiece and 12% with the UA Performance Mouthguard.
- you produce up to 25% less lactic acid build-up after 30 minutes of intense exercise!
- when the jaw suffers an impact, energy can be transmitted to the head, which can cause concussion. UA Performance Mouthguards have been shown to the G-Force impact of blows to the jaw by up to 20%!
- you may respond faster when wearing UA Performance Mouthwear. Clinical trials show an improvement in responding to auditory and visual cues!
- these result in an increase in your endurance!
Whether you need protection in contact sports or you just want to improve your game, Under Armour Performance Mouthwear™, with ArmourBite™ Technology, gives every athlete an edge.